Facebook tagging one of the best features provide by social media platform Facebook. But some of people use this feature in a very informal way. Tagging someone who is available in that picture or tagging someone really related with that post is fine. But most of the people only tag someone to get more likes on the post either post is relevant with that tagged friend or not. These make anybody’s profile awkward and unprofessional too. So from next time you don’t have to be irritated because here I’m going to explain how to stop people tagging you on Facebook or how to prevent your profile after tagging even.
Before tagging prevention and privacy settings:
Prevention is always better than cure. So here’re some of the ways to protect you by unwanted tag;
Privacy setting for tagged post appearance on your timeline:
- Go to the top right corner and select Setting.
- In the Setting dialog box you’ll see Privacy Setting option Click on that.
- Now in this setting page, just scroll down and you’ll get ‘Timeline and Tagging’ section with ‘Edit’ option.
- Click on Edit and go to the ‘Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline’, if it’s ‘OFF’ then change it and make it ‘ON’.
After that, every post you got tagged will be in hold until you review it. And it will be appear on your timeline after you approve it.
Control who can see post you’ve been tagged:
Suppose you are tagged with any post and approve it but don’t want it to appear everyone in your friend list then you should go with these steps;
- Go to the Setting and then select Privacy Setting.
- In the Privacy Setting, select ‘Timeline and Tagging’ option.
- Now, go to the drop down button option ‘Who can see posts you’ve been tagged in on your timeline?’
- Here you can set by default audience of your each tagged post. It may be public, friends, closed friends or even custom too.
My favorite privacy is ‘custom’ by the way.
After Tagging, prevent yourself:
If you didn’t do above setting for timeline review then you’ll face tagging problem. But don’t panic because you’ve lots of options and solution for it;
- Remove tag:
Remove tag is the best way to prevent your timeline by tagged post. By this you’ll remove your tag without notifying that person who is tagged you.
- When someone tagged you and you want to show that post on your timeline just click on the ‘Remove’ link appear on the top right side or click ‘Option’ link on the bottom right side of the post.
- Click on the ‘Report/Remove Tag’ option.
- It’ll ask you to be continue so select radio button ‘I want to remove this tag’ and click on ‘Continue’ button.
- Report tagged post:
Sometime some post do not follow the facebook community standard and include regional abuse, sexual content, hate speech and fake content. You can report that kind of post to Facebook community directly.
- Go to the ‘Option’ link appear in the bottom right side of the tagged post.
- Select ‘Report/remove tag’ in the dialog box of ‘Is this photo about you or a friend?’ go to the second option ‘No, this photo is about something else:’
- Select any of the appropriate and reason you want to report that post for.
- Click on ‘Continue’ button.
- Unfollow updates from the tagged post:
Sometime we feel bad to remove anybody tag but don’t want to be disturb by regular notification on that post. We just have to do one simple thing,
- Go to the post and select ‘Unfollow’ link appear on the top right side of the tagged post.
- You’ll no longer be able to get the notification about that post.
Actually there is no way to stop tagging anybody but yes you got tagged by someone you can do something by which that post will not appear on your timeline.
And even after got tagged by one of your very special friends and could not disable it to show it on your timeline then simple follow the above steps I’ve mentioned in the second section.